What Are Some Best On-Page SEO Techniques?
On-Page SEO is the procedure of optimising individual web pages for top ranking on the search engines. It is considered to be multifacetedly extending beyond the content. Moreover, it involves different other aspects such as Meta tags and schema.
There is interception of On-page SEO with Off-Page SEO as well as technical SEO. The entire three procedures promote the best outcome by combining all of them. However, its primary role is optimising the structure and content of a web page.
Some of the best On-page techniques are as follows:-
#1. Optimisation of the page titles
It is recommended to have a descriptive and unique title on each website page. The title tag constitutes the title of your page which would be neat under the head tag of each page.
Google might adjust the title appearance of your page in the search results. It is also displayed in web browsers. A title tag is one of the most effective tools for increasing the engagement of your website since it is the first thing that the visitors notice in the search results. The more catchy your title tag, the more it would attract different users to visit your website.
Here are some of the simple tips to form an effective title:-
- Keywords usage: While using the keyword, it helps both the search engine and the user. Placing the keyword close to the front of your title tag is suggested. Since it would get noticed more by the users, it would be very helpful from a ranking perspective.
- Length: The search engines mostly display the first 50-60 characters. If the title exceeds the character limit, it would be truncated, and the search results would display ellipsis.
- Branding: It is one of the ideal practices for ending the title tag along with your brand’s name. Since it helps generate awareness of your brand. It also enhances the click-through rate if the users are acquainted with the brand.
Header tags are used so that it designates headings on the page. The main header is regarded as H1 and is generally reserved for the title of your page. Some sub-headings range from H2 to H6. Every page on the website should constitute a unique H1 tag which is generally created from the title of your page.
The H1 tag of the page contains the phrase or the primary keywords through which the page is optimised. By following these simple yet important tips, you can easily estimate your SEO services. Below are Some you should keep in mind:-
- Don’t use hashtags to highlight non-heading elements like phone numbers and navigational buttons.
- Use heading tags for giving an introduction to the readers about the next topic as well as setting the context.
- Refrain from using heading tags containing a single word.
- Use interesting and informative headings for the users.
- Avoid using the same heading tags at various times.
- Presentation of the information with the help of heading hierarchy like H1 to H6.
- Subheadings are an ideal place to start with your relevant phrases and keywords.
#3. Internal Linkage
Having a good internal linking structure is significant. The linking of your page with several other pages available on the same website assures that the users find other pages on the website. Moreover, it also helps to pass the link equity across other pages.
#4. Optimisation of Meta descriptions
Meta descriptions are very important when it comes to enhancing the click-through rate. However, as per Google, the meta descriptions are not considered a ranking factor. Search engines improve the meta descriptions for all the unique searches.
Meta descriptions, like tags, are expected to describe the content of your website. This, however, should not discourage you from adding a default meta description for the page. They are present in the head tag. Some of other the important factors are below:-
- Length: Your meta descriptions should be around 150-300 characters lengthwise. Search engines such as Google generally truncate meta descriptions exceeding 155 characters.
- Relevance: The meta description should be relevant to the content present on your page. It should summarise the content of your page in brief.
#5. Content Audit
A content audit is considered an inventory of the available content assets on the website. At the time of auditing your content, you should take care of both qualitative and quantitative aspects. The audit would make you aware of the content assets which need deletion, retention and repurposed from your website.
Considering a mix of both quantitative and qualitative parameters for grading each page is an ideal choice. The content outcomes are evaluated by quantitative measures, including the overall impact on both rankings and traffic.
They provide information about the traffic on your page within a month, accompanied by your SERP position. Qualitative parameters measure the quality of the content. They also make the users aware of the number of people reading their content if the readers find the content interesting.
Keeping the criteria of the evaluation simple is suggested since it would help in completing the audit faster. You should practice this once every 2-4 months to ensure the top ranking of your page.
One of the primary on-page SEO activities includes enhancing the site’s load time. The users prefer those sites which take less than three to four seconds to load. If the sites consume much time to load, then the audience won’t visit your website, and they would switch back to the search results for visiting another site.
As a result, it indicates that your websites lack relevance to the search results. It would also impact the ranking of your site. Performance, engagement of your site would stoop low. It’s necessary to keep in mind various factors while running a website.